Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good tacos! You will love the superb taste you get with the ground turkey.
- 8 taco shells
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Crumble and brown turkey with onion and drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, cumin, garlic salt and oregano.
- Cook until mixture is warmed through.
- Spoon into taco shells.
- Garnish with cheese, lettuce, sour cream and fresh cut up cilantro if you want.
Simple, quick and tasty. Since I had taco seasoning on hand, I opted to use that instead of the cumin, garlic salt and oregano.
I had a pound of ground turkey that I didn't know what to do with.So I did a search, and found this recipe. I made it on 1/27/09 for mine and SO's dinner. This recipe was sort of made as written, I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. The next time that this is made, I might cut back on the cumin it was just a bit on the spicy side for me. I used tortillas and made soft tacos.If you want a recipe that is low in fat, low in carbs, and high on flavor look no further you've found it.This will be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
A good healthy way to make tacos. The Ro-tel added a nice flavor. I served as soft tacos.