Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One serving only calls for 1/2 cup of ground turkey/taco mix; but I fry up one pound and add 1 pkg of taco mix and freeze the leftovers for future use. 5 points per serving
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄8 cup diced tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Prepare taco mixture according to the directions on the package of taco mix.
- For individual servings, take 1/2 C of the taco/meat mixture and add to the remaining ingredients.
- Freeze the remaining taco/meat mixture for future use or treat the rest of your family to tacos while you diet.
This is a great idea! We had this for our dinner tonight and I froze the leftover meat mixture so that I can have taco salads for my lunch. Thanks for posting this Claudia! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
This is how I always make my taco salads. It's perfect! The only thing that I add is sliced black olives...totally yummy!! Thanks for posting!
This was so easy and awesome! I added a can of corn drained, a can of black beans drained and a can of diced tomato to the turkey mixture and it made it even better. I also crunched up a small amount of taco chips and threw them in there. It makes it a little higher in calories but if you used the baked ones you shouldn't be too bad, plus you are getting a lot of fiber from the beans and corn that I added. Thanks so much for the recipe!