Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favorite, besides eating it with hero rolls we also use it like a dip for tortilla chips and as burrito filling. This makes a pretty good OAMC recipe if you make more than one batch. You can also use other cheese I like using pepper jack or cheddar.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 6 -8 hoagie rolls
- oil, to brown meat
- Heat oil in skillet and cook turkey meat until browned. Drain meat.
- In a large pot over low heat mix turkey, enchilada sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning, and salsa.
- Cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and add velveeta and stir,.
- Spoon into rolls. Top with lettuce and tomato and serve.