Recipe by Suzanne S.
Weight Watchers...but so darn good! Serve this taco filling rolled in tortillas, wrapped in large lettuce leaves or spooned over baked potatoes. It's the beginning of many different Mexican-inspired meals.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and cayenne; set aside.
- Place turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook, breaking apart meat with back of spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle turkey with reserved seasoning mix and add water; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in sugar and vinegar; simmer another 2 to 3 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.