Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been making this casserole for years, but had always used ground beef & had always made the whole thing. Tonight, I cut the recipe in half & used turkey instead of ground beef. It was great! Will make it this way from now on. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 1/8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated butter flake crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Brown the turkey until no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- 3. Mix in taco seasoning mix as directed.
- 4. Open can of crescent rolls and roll half of them out so they cover the bottom of the pan (8x8 or 9x9 square). The last one will end funny, so just cut excess & use in the empty spaces.
- 5. Spread one cup of the shredded cheese on top of the crescents.
- 6. Next evenly spread the turkey taco mixture.
- 7. Next spread the other cup of cheese on top.
- 8. Place the remaining crescents on top so they cover as much of the casserole as possible. Again, it will end funny, so just cut the excess off & use it to cover spaces.
- 9. Bake for 20 minutes or until top layer of crescents are a beautiful golden brown.