Recipe by Pinay0618
Oh yay! I finally found it! I had this recipe years ago and made these burgers over and over one summer. Five moves later, I had lost the recipe and couldn't remember all the ingredients. This was the first non-beef burger my kids ever liked - I can't wait to make these and see if they remember them like I do :) These burgers stay moist and the flavor is really nice.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare outdoor grill or preheat broiler.
- ln large bowl, combine ground turkey or chicken, scallions and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into 4 to 5 patties.
- When coals are medium-hot, place burgers on hottest area of cooking surface of grill; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side to brown. Move burgers to outside of grill; cook 4 to 6 minutes longer on each side until thoroughly cooked, juices run clear and temperature registers 165°F on meat thermometer.
- While burgers are cooking, toss mushrooms with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grill or broil along with burgers during last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time.
- When burgers are cooked through, place a slice of cheese on each; cook 1 minute longer or just enough to melt cheese. To serve, spread mustard on bottom half of each roll. Top each with burger, mushrooms and a generous dollop of sour cream.