Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with using ground turkey meat that I had on hand. I also wanted to try out my "very first" pizza stone that I had brought. DH and I both really loved the out come of this pizza. We loved it! and I hope you enjoy it too. I used The World's Best Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe for the pizza dough.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, to your own taste
- salt, to your own taste
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- pizza dough, of your choice
- First make your pizza dough if making from scratch and the mushroom sauce.
- Boil water in microwave and add chicken bouillon cubes, stir until dissolved. set aside.
- In a large pot add margarine and let melt, add onion and saute 1 minute, add chopped mushrooms and saute til tender.
- Add flour and stir well than add chicken bouillon broth. Stir til flour thickens
- Add whipping cream, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir to blend.
- Remove from heat, and let rest til ready to use.
- In a large frying pan, add ground turkey and begin to brown.
- Add minced garlic, chopped red onion and chopped red peppers and stir until turkey meat is no longer pinkish.
- Add in all the seasonings. Stir to blend well.
- When pizza dough is ready, spread half of the mushroom sauce over dough and the other half into the turkey mixture.
- Spread turkey mixture over dough and sauce.
- Add black olives over top of turkey meat.
- Sprinkle monterey jack cheese over pizza.
- than top with sliced mushrooms.
- Bake at 350' for 20-25 minutes or until done.