Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is essentially the stuffing my polish father made when he was chef at the old Westbury hotel in Toronto with some minor changes by me over time. The only problem with it is guests love it so much they usually finish it off and you are left with leftover turkey and no stuffing. I usually make extra in a meatloaf pan for the leftovers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepepperidge farms paxo seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Brown beef and pork sausage while mixing together,drain and set aside.
- Saute onion, green pepper, garlic, and celery.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients thoroughly (get you hands in there).
- Stuff into turkey and roast as you normally would.