Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy! Wondering what to do with that leftover turkey and stuffing? Here's the ideal way to use it up.
- 4 -6 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs light and dark cooked turkey meat, diced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish.
- Place dish in oven and reheat 12 to 15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add olive oil.
- Work close to the stove and add vegetables as you chop.
- Chop carrots into a small dice or slice thin.
- Add celery and onion and lightly season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and stock and bring liquid to a boil by raising heat.
- Add turkey and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until vegetables are cooked until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, and peas.
- Remove stuffing from oven.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a generous scoop of stuffing in the center of a soup bowl.
- Ladle soup around stuffing ball.
- Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.
Exactly what I was looking for. Turned out flavorful and the stuffing addition makes a great presentaton. It was a delicous combo.