Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Mother found this recipe many many years ago in a local newspaper. The original clipping is long gone now, but it remains a family favorite year after year. You can add mashed potatoes, gravy, leftover veggies...it's all good!"
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- 3 sprigs parsley, minced (or 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts turkey stock (leftover gravy mixed with water works great!) or 1 1⁄2 quarts beef stock (leftover gravy mixed with water works great!)
- 2 cups turkey stuffing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pasta (optional)
- In a stockpot over low heat, melt butter.
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, turkey and parsley. Add stock and stuffing.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for 45-60 minutes
- Place hot noodles in a large deep bowl; cover with soup.