Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- In a medium saucepan bring the 1 cup water to a boil.
- Stir in the red bell pepper, rice, and onion; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender and water is absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stuffing mix and the 2 cups water.
- Stir in turkey, eggs, and half of the soup.
- Stir in cooked rice mixture; transfer mixture to a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- To make the sauce: in a small saucepan, combine the remaining soup, the sour cream, and milk; cook over low heat until heated through; stir in the sherry.
- Let the casserole stand for 5 minutes before serving; cut into squares and spoon sauce over individual servings.