Recipe by gnb1964
Delicious stuffing! You can use a teaspoon of regular ground savoury if you cant find the Newfoundland savoury in the stores.The Newfoundland savoury is much better however.
- 1 loaf white bread (or bread cubes equal to 1 loaf)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 apple (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons newfoundland savory (1/2 a package) or 1 teaspoon of regular ground savory
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion,celery, and apple in pan with margarine a few minutes until it is just about done.
- Stir in spices and chicken broth. Pour over bread cubes in large bowl and mix together. Pour just enough boiling water over the stuffing just to moisten it until it sticks together.
- Let cool a bit and stuff the turkey. Put excess stuffing in foil and put in the oven in the last hour the turkey is cooking.