Really good-a lighter version of the beef stuffed ones.
Make and share this Turkey Stuffed Yellow & Red Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Italian style
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Preheat to 375.
- Cut peppers lengthwise and seed.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet-you can lightly steam them if you want to.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir a few times.
- Add meat, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and rice and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add herbs and salt and pepper, stir in cheddar.
- Fill peppers.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and toss with melted butter-mix well.
- Top peppers and bake for 30-40 minutes.