Recipe by Ann Sanders
This recipe came from a Pillsbury Cook off in 2002.I have made it several times, and it's good!
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
Made this tonight for dinner. AWESOME. Had to cook the chilis longer (50 min) and the poster (as shown above by I.M.) didn't type the recipe out correctly, but I figured it out. I used a mix of cheddar, Jack and Oaxaca (wha hock uh) cheeses and black soy beans (no carbs) ..EXCELLENT and I WILL make again and again.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 poblano chiles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 13x9 (3qt.) with cooking spray.
- Cut opening in one side of each chile.
- Carefully remove seeds and membranes, leaving top stem intact; rinse and drain well.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add ground turkey; cook over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until no longer pink and thoroughly cooked, stiring frequently.
- Add taco seasoning, and beans, corn and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- With small spoon, stuff chiles with turkey mixture.
- Place in baking dish.
- Lightly spray tops of chiles with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and green chiles; mix well.
- Pour over stuffed chiles in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until chiles are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.