Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a Pillsbury Cook off in 2002.I have made it several times, and it's good!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 poblano chiles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 13x9 (3qt.) with cooking spray.
- Cut opening in one side of each chile.
- Carefully remove seeds and membranes, leaving top stem intact; rinse and drain well.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add ground turkey; cook over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until no longer pink and thoroughly cooked, stiring frequently.
- Add taco seasoning, and beans, corn and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- With small spoon, stuff chiles with turkey mixture.
- Place in baking dish.
- Lightly spray tops of chiles with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and green chiles; mix well.
- Pour over stuffed chiles in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until chiles are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Made this tonight for dinner. AWESOME. Had to cook the chilis longer (50 min) and the poster (as shown above by I.M.) didn't type the recipe out correctly, but I figured it out. I used a mix of cheddar, Jack and Oaxaca (wha hock uh) cheeses and black soy beans (no carbs) ..EXCELLENT and I WILL make again and again.
The ingredient list at the Pillsbury site is as follows: Nonstick cooking spray 6 poblano chiles 1 lb. lean ground turkey 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. Old El PasoÂ® Taco Seasoning Mix 1 (15-oz.) can ProgressoÂ® Black Beans, drained, rinsed 1 (11-oz.) can Green GiantÂ® MexicornÂ® Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers, drained 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded light Mexican cheese blend 1 (14.5-oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained, chopped 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El PasoÂ® Chopped Green Chiles
Nice blend of flavors. We used black refried beans, Mexican style stewed tomatoes and regular corn. They turned out great. Thanks.