Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy alternative to the traditional way.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil. While waiting remove seeds and stems from the peppers.
- Place peppers carefully into the pot standing up, completely immersed, for 4 minutes. Remove with a large slotted spoon, and place on paper towels open side down.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the turkey and onions in a skillet.
- Add rice, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, basil, and ground pepper on medium for 10 minutes.
- Place peppers in to baking dish and fill. sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for 10-15 minutes.