1/1 Photo of Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
Erv Kosch's Note:
Green peppers topped with melted cheddar cheese You can substitute low fat mozzarella cheese for cheddar. If you don't have pre-made bread crumbs use 3 pieces of wet de-crusted low carb bread, pulled apart and thoroughly mixed in the turkey. Using wet bread will create a juicier pepper so be careful when you cut into it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut tops off green peppers as evenly possible, clean and deseed.
- 3Dunk green peppers into boiling and leave for 5 minutes or until the peppers begin to get tender.
- 4Remove peppers and tip upside down on a towel so the excess water runs out but the inside stays moist.
- 5Place peppers in baking dish.
- 6Lightly coat the inside of the pepper with salt (optional).
- 7Cover dish.
- 8Brown and drain the ground turkey and onions.
- 9Mix turkey, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 10Place even amounts of the turkey mixture into peppers.
- 11Top peppers with remaining cheese.
- 12Cover dish and cook for 25 minutes.
- 13Remove cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown (which ever comes first) and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 298.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g