Green peppers topped with melted cheddar cheese You can substitute low fat mozzarella cheese for cheddar. If you don't have pre-made bread crumbs use 3 pieces of wet de-crusted low carb bread, pulled apart and thoroughly mixed in the turkey. Using wet bread will create a juicier pepper so be careful when you cut into it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off green peppers as evenly possible, clean and deseed.
- Dunk green peppers into boiling and leave for 5 minutes or until the peppers begin to get tender.
- Remove peppers and tip upside down on a towel so the excess water runs out but the inside stays moist.
- Place peppers in baking dish.
- Lightly coat the inside of the pepper with salt (optional).
- Cover dish.
- Brown and drain the ground turkey and onions.
- Mix turkey, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place even amounts of the turkey mixture into peppers.
- Top peppers with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown (which ever comes first) and serve.