Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I started making with beef, but tried it with turkey and it turned out even better! Only 8 weight watchers points per serving.
- 5 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, preferably green
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces yolk-free egg noodles
- n a large pot, boil water, add noodles and strain when cooked.
- While noodles are cooking, sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil until clear.
- Add turkey, parsley, pepper and salt, and cook on medium to medium high until done.
- Add beef broth cube and cold water and stir until dissolved.
- Next, add yogurt and sour cream and cook on medium low until thickened.
- Combine sauce with noodles, and serve.
Just made this dish for the first time. It was good, but when I make it again I will cut back on the salt and pepper as well as use 8oz of fat free sour cream and cut out the yogurt. The yogurt gave it a hint of sweetness that I did not care for. Overall, great low cal/low fat recipe! Thanks for sharing!
I have tried this recipe but replaced the sour cream by kefir and used rice noodles instead. I made for a standing dinner party and it was a success - tasty and easy to eat only with a fork while standing around and chatting. Thanks!