Top Review by ChipotleChick
This was a very interesting recipe. Unique blend of flavors! I didn't have mushrooms, I was kind of looking for a last minute recipe to use up the hunk of turkey breast in my fridge. I think that next time I will omit the nutmeg and add more basil, and maybe some garlic...just a personal preference. I will definitely add mushrooms next time!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (1/4 pound)
- 1 large onion, sliced,2 cups
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and sliced mushrooms and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 12 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining chicken stock, tomato paste, paprika, basil and nutmeg, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey and sherry, and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the sour cream and serve immediately.