Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Meals in Minutes. Another plain janer that my kids will eat.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked
- Brown the turkey in heated olive oil.
- Add in the bouillon cubes; stir well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in melted margarine.
- Add in the garlic; stir/saute until golden.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the turkey mixture; add in the sour cream--stir to combine.
- Heat throughly but do no boil.
- To serve--arrange warm noodles on individual plates; spoon stroganoff over noodles.
Great simple dish. I'm not that fond of the flavor of ground turkey, so in addition to the bouillon, I seasoned it with worcestershire sauce, dried dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Instead of using two pans, I put the turkey mixture in a bowl and cooked the vegetables in the same pan. I used 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey and a cup of sliced fresh mushrooms (cremini). Served it over fusilli pasta.