Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Meals in Minutes. Another plain janer that my kids will eat.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Great simple dish. I'm not that fond of the flavor of ground turkey, so in addition to the bouillon, I seasoned it with worcestershire sauce, dried dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Instead of using two pans, I put the turkey mixture in a bowl and cooked the vegetables in the same pan. I used 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey and a cup of sliced fresh mushrooms (cremini). Served it over fusilli pasta.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the turkey in heated olive oil.
- Add in the bouillon cubes; stir well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in melted margarine.
- Add in the garlic; stir/saute until golden.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the turkey mixture; add in the sour cream--stir to combine.
- Heat throughly but do no boil.
- To serve--arrange warm noodles on individual plates; spoon stroganoff over noodles.