Recipe by Kerena
From the Turkey Store cookbook, this recipe uses Turkey Store Breakfast Sausage patties. I have also made this using turkey sausage links or turkey Italian sausage.
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey sausage patties
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8 x 8" baking dish and large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. heat skillet over medium-high heat about 30 seconds. Add turkey breakfast sausage patties. Cook 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towel. Place in baking dish. Spread bread cubes over turkey. Sprinkle cheese over bread cubes.
- In large bowl combine milk, egg substitute, onions, parsley, mustard and pepper. Pour into baking dish. Cover. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 325. Remove cover from baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until set.