Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens website.
Make and share this Turkey Steaks With Spinach, Pears, & Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 to 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 large pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Horizontally split tenderloins to make four 1/2-inch-thick steaks. Rub turkey with sage; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In extra-large skillet cook steaks in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat 14 to 16 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. (Reduce heat to medium if turkey browns too quickly.) Remove from skillet. Add spinach to skillet. Cook and stir until just wilted.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet cook pear slices in remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Serve steaks with spinach and pears. Top with blue cheese.
Lovely recipe. I used two small pears, 4 ounces of spinach and a nice strong blue cheese. The sage is a perfect addition. My turkey turned out quite chewy and I don't know whether that was from the cooking process or I just bought tough turkey. Served with Vegetarian Albanian Leek Casserole (Tave Me Presh) and Nora Ephron's Mashed Potatoes. Great meal all round. Thanks so much for posting.