Time might short by my desire to enjoy flavorful meals remains. This came about after looking at lots of recipes that sort of fit the bill, but not quite. It's a flash in the pan hit that is fast easy and light. (5 WW points)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 (226.79 g) turkey cutlets
- 14.79 ml whole wheat flour
- 1.23 ml garlic powder, to taste
- 1.23 ml black pepper, to taste
- 1Combine the flour, pepper and garlic powder in a plate or flat bowl. Lightly dredge the turkey cutlets in the flour. Reserve remaining unused flour for the gravy.
- 2Place olive oil in a hot nonstick skillet. Add the turkey cutlets and cook for two minutes on each side. Remove cutlets to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- 3Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms to the pan and cook over high heat for one minute.
- 4Reduce the temperature to medium. Add the broth, mustard, thyme and Worcestershire and a teaspoon of the left over flour from dredging. Stir cooking for just a minute. Add the milk and cook another minute. Return the cutlets to the pan and cook for two minutes until the sauce has begun to thicken just a bit.
- 5A word of caution: Although there is temptation to simmer longer, there is a chance the sauce will curdle. Please don't do that as it will diminish the appearance (but not the taste) of the final dish.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Steaks With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 31.5 g