Recipe by Little Suzanne
I discovered this recipe back in the winter but my family likes it so much I make it even during the hot weather. Adapted from Betty Crocker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups chicken stock (homemade stock is better but canned broth will do)
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled chopped butternut squash (3/4 inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute celery, onion, and dried sage for 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook 12-15 minutes (stir every so often), until the noodles and squash are tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.