Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from a recipe in All You magazine. Serve with cornbread, warm tortillas or over brown rice.
- 226.79 g peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Place squash in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave on high until soft, about 3 minute.
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add turkey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until meat is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, bring to a boil reduce heat to low and simmer until tomatoes have cooked down and mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minute Add squash and beans, cook, stirring, until warmed through, 1 to 2 minute longer. Serve hot.