Recipe by LARavenscroft
I started out with a recipe for making Black Bean & Turkey Chili, but what I ended up with was an Italian style turkey spinach soup. I had a container of spinach that needed to be used (no one here really likes it in salads, except me) and this is what I came up with. Sure tasted good on a cold winter evening. This is also WW friendly at 3 points per serving (1 1/2 cups).
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Fantastic spinach soup!! Had to use frozen spinach but that was okay, didn't affect the taste I suppose. I can assure you it tastes fantastic on a hot summer day, too :) Thanks for posting this yummy recipe!
Made for 1-2-3 summer hits.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 ounces gluten-free pasta, shell shaped (can use regular pasta)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach