Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another Cooking Light recipe I have yet to try. A mixture of ground turkey and ground beef.Update: I made this a couple of weeks ago, and it was a glowing sucess. My entire family ate it up, greens and all! I did use regular lean ground turkey instead of turkey breast. Next time I would use frozen chopped spinach instead of the leaf spinach.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high. Add onion and saute 4 min, add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Combine onion mixture, crumbs, and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- Shape meat into a 12x5 inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush ketchup over the top. Bake at 350 for 45-60 min or til a thermometer registers 160 degrees. Let stand 10 min before slicing.
DELICIOUS! Drawback...no leftovers. :D I used lean ground turkey for the meat and panko instead of breadcrumbs. I added 1/4 tsp ground mustard, because I'm inclined to add mustard to everything. ;) I also used fresh spinach (just steamed it and squeezed it dry). This was terrific! My family devoured it, even my 6 year old son and didn't even put cheese on it...they LOVE cheese. LOL! Thanks so much for posting this!