Recipe by Eyebright
This is a great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or any other turkey dinner. Quick, easy, nutritious, and great tasting. Everyone always asks for the recipe when I make this. The spinach lends nutritional value, the noodles make it comfort food, and the ginger gives it a little kick.
- 1 lb cooked turkey, skinned and deboned
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti or 1 (16 ounce) box pasta, of your choice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 piece fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and peel and dice the ginger, if using fresh (I prefer fresh).
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion and ginger in a small amount of olive oil, until the onion is translucent (a couple of minutes).
- Add broth and spinach (frozen, but you can thaw if you like. I usually thaw it right in the pot).
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until spinach is thawed.
- Cut turkey into strips or chunks.
- Add turkey and pasta when spinach is thawed.
- Cover and simmer until noodles are al dente.
- You can use uncooked turkey also, but you'll have to cook a little longer, until the turkey is done.
- Add a bit of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- That's it!
- You're done!
- This is great with a glass of good wine and a hunk of bread.