Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was made up on the fly! I thought it turned out pretty well.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground mixed peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 2. Cook onion until soft, then add turkey and cook until almost completely cooked.
- 3. Add spices and seasonings and cook until turkey is completely cooked.
- 4. Add the rest of the ingredients - mushrooms, tomatoes, paste, and broth - and cook, covered, on medium low heat for 45 minutes to an hour.
- 5. Serve with spaghetti noodles.
This is THE best spaghetti recipe! My daughter the chef gave me two thumbs up!
Thanks so much for sharing.
For making on the fly you did a great job. I made this last night for dinner it is a keeper for sure. The only thing I omit was the savory. I did not have time to buy any. Will use it the next time.
This was one of the best non-vegetable spaghetti dishes I've ever had! I used fresh mushrooms but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter - and will make it again for sure! Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!
Made for New Kids On The Block.