1/2 Photos of Turkey Soup With Dumplings
7 hrs 10 mins
This is from “The Unwatched Pot”. What do you do with a turkey carcass? This! You could make this OAMC too, just freeze before you put the biscuits on the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 turkey carcass, broken up
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1Put all of the ingredients except for the biscuits in the crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- 3Remove turkey carcass pieces; separate meat from bone and return meat to the soup.
- 4Separate biscuits; place on top of soup.
- 5Cover; cook on high 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Soup With Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1034.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: