Recipe by Sage
This is how I take care of the turkey carcass. But you can make this soup by following the directions and using 12 cups of chicken broth with 1/2 teaspoon of poulty seasoning. You can freeze the carcass and make the broth when convenient for you.
Top Review by jellyko
this did fill my 6 qt. crockpt to the brim! Was so worth making homemade broth. turned out delicious and amazed at the meat i got from carcass in addition to what i had carved. Thank you
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 9.85 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2839.08 ml water
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (I slice them)
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml turkey, shredded (include reserved turkey from above)
- noodles, uncooked your choice
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Turkey Broth:.
- Put the turkey carcass in your slow cooker on Low with an onion, celery stalk,a carrot, salt and pepper,bay leaf, 1/2 poultry seasoning, 2 teaspoons chicken powder and water. Cook on Low overnight.
- Next morning, strain the both and pour it back in the slow cooker.
- Remove turkey meat from bones, set meat aside.
- In the slow cooker with the broth, add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook at High for 4 hours; add turkey, noodles, and parsley.
- Cook another 1/2 hour.
- NOTE: Cooking time doesn't include the overnight that your broth is cooking.