1/4 Photos of Turkey Soup for the Slow Cooker
4 hrs 50 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
This is how I take care of the turkey carcass. But you can make this soup by following the directions and using 12 cups of chicken broth with 1/2 teaspoon of poulty seasoning. You can freeze the carcass and make the broth when convenient for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 12 cups water
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (I slice them)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups turkey, shredded (include reserved turkey from above)
- noodles, uncooked your choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1Turkey Broth:.
- 2Put the turkey carcass in your slow cooker on Low with an onion, celery stalk,a carrot, salt and pepper,bay leaf, 1/2 poultry seasoning, 2 teaspoons chicken powder and water. Cook on Low overnight.
- 3Next morning, strain the both and pour it back in the slow cooker.
- 4Remove turkey meat from bones, set meat aside.
- 6In the slow cooker with the broth, add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook at High for 4 hours; add turkey, noodles, and parsley.
- 8Cook another 1/2 hour.
- 10NOTE: Cooking time doesn't include the overnight that your broth is cooking.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Soup for the Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: