Recipe by Loves2Teach
This is great for all of those holiday leftovers. I usually throw in a clove of chopped garlic as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by RecipeNut
I made this soup and it is awesome! Came looking for a recipe to use up some of my leftover turkey and found this soup. Well, I will be making it again. I have plenty of turkey left!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 cups raw potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups turkey broth
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions in melted butter.
- Add turkey, potatoes, celery and broth.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add corn, cream and seasonings.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty rolls.