Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My wife likes this better than turkey dinner, and it makes the house smell good. This is just good old fashioned turkey noodle soup.
- 1 turkey carcass
- 3 large celery ribs
- 3 carrots (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces flat egg noodles
- Boil the turkey carcass in a dutch oven for a couple of hours, strain the broth into a bowl and let the rest of the carcass cool. When the carcass is cool, pick out all of the good meat, and cube the meat into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- Return the broth to the pot. Chop the carrots, celery, and onion, and add to the broth. Add the seasonings and the cubed turkey meat.
- Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Pull the bay leaves out. 15 minutes before you eat, put 6 oz.s of flat egg noodles into the pot. When noodles are cooked, serve.
This soup does make the house smell good! Very tasty and easy to prepare after all of the meat is taken off of the bones. I already had the broth cooking with the onions, carrots and celery and I needed a recipe so I would know what kind of seasoning I should use to flavor it up a bit. The only thing I did differently was add 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning instead of the full 2 tsp. It made a large pot, enough for more the next day. Thanks, I'll make this again.