Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is by far the best turkey soup I've ever had. The herbs and vegies are to taste. I'm one of those people who like to throw stuff in so the ingredient amoutns are approx.
- 4 quarts water
- 3 1⁄2 lbs turkey wings
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey neck
- 1 large onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 carrot
- 5 fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
Soup (use turkey meat from stock)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (or more)
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup pasta (or more)
- Turkey Stock.
- Combine all in heavy lrg pot. Bring to boil, reduce to med-low & cook until liquid is reduced to 12 cups, aprox 5 hrs).
- Strain into bowl. (Cover & refrig. May be prepared 3 days ahead).
- For the soup: Stock in heavy pot, add the herbs and vegies and simmer until vegies are tender.
- Cook the pasta seperatly and.