1/3 Photos of Turkey Smoked Sausage and Ravioli Bake
I created this one night when I had some turkey smoked sausage to use for dinner and wanted to do something creamy and comforting. I think it's important to use the turkey sausage as it is so much less grease. The regular can get very oily, so if you plan on using that, pre-cook it in a pan and drain on paper towels before you add to the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Adding to the sauce
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups cheese ravioli, frozen (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a medium pan, place water on to boil for the ravioli. Pour the milk into a 2 cup measure and have ready for the next step.
- 3In a 2nd pan, melt butter over medium heat. When it is melted, slowly add the flour and use a whisk to combine. Slowly pour milk into the flour/butter mixture and stir until smooth.
- 4While milk mixture is heating and thickening, while stirring, add the parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and garlic. Add ground pepper to taste. Continue to stir until smooth and turn off heat when it has become thick.
- 5In a microwavable bowl, place the cut up pieces of sausage. Microwave on high for 2 minutes to heat. Add these to the white sauce.
- 6When water has come to a boil, place the frozen ravioli in and cook as package directs until done. Drain and then add to the cream sauce with the sausage, carefully folding them inches Be careful not to have excess water get into the sauce.
- 7Place pasta, sauce and sausage mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish sprayed with oil.
- 8Place in the 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes without a lid. 10 minutes before finished, sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- 9When cheese is melted, remove and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Smoked Sausage and Ravioli Bake
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.7
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 1506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: