Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe courtesy of EverydayFoodMag.com
Make and share this Turkey Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely grated carrots (about 4)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey (93% lean, dark meat)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium; add carrots, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add turkey; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve on whole-wheat rolls.