Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my first recipe submission & I'm nervous but excited! I modified this recipe from Sloppy Joes to suit my dietary needs. Feel free to play around with the ingredients. It's delicious & healthy, too. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (I use organic)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 whole grain buns, toasted
- Cook meat in a medium skillet until done; drain fat.
- In a small saucepan, mix the sauce ingredients. Add the turkey and stir to coat well.
- Heat on medium, then reduce heat to low. Cover & simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on toasted buns.
Loved this recipe! Its my go-to sloppy joe recipe now! Thank you for sharing!
Good recipe in general. I ran out of ketchup and had to use tomato paste. I wish my son and husband had tried it.
Girl there is nothing to be nervous about in this recipe. It was good.. I made it for 6 servings and used 1/2 ketchup, 1/2 BBQ Sauce.. Very Kid Friendly.. Maybe next time I will add in some extra veggies to sneak it past them.. ;) Thanks for the post.