Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy recipe for healthy eaters.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat English muffins
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground turkey with garlic and chili powder in skillet.
- Drain and set it to the side.
- Saute onions and bellpepper in olive oil.
- Add ground turkey back in skillet with onions and bellpepper.
- Mix in tomato paste and water and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- After 15 minutes add in stewed tomato.
- Cook until to thoroughly heated.
- Serve on toasted wheat hamburger buns or wheat english muffins.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.
I just started cooking and made this dish. It was so easy and very delicious. Thank you so much for posting it!