Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love sloppy joes and this is a great way to enjoy them without all the fat.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a skillet, cook the turkey and onion until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the buns); simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
I found this recipe years ago from Quick Cooking. I made it today with Sweet Baby Ray's honey bbq sauce and a little extra ketchup and garlic. Didn't really need a bun, I could have eaten out of the saucepan with a spoon! I think it will be good with a spicy bbq sauce too.
I had some ground turkey that was about to go and didn't really feel like cooking so I decided to try this recipe because it looked very easy and I had all the ingredients. It was wonderful. It was delicious and very easy to make. Me and my fiance both enjoyed it immensely.
Fantastic! I did not have a problem with the quantity or sauciness of the sauce... Some times I make this and serve it with potatoes or rice and skip the buns. I also use the sauce in and on my turkey meatloaf...