Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This tangy sandwich filling is so easy to prepare in the slow cooker, and it goes over well at gatherings large and small.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced fat reduced sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the soup, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns.
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ I changed the recipe only in that I used pre-cooked, shredded turkey breast that I had on hand, & chopped it up a little! From there on I followed the directions & the resulting sloppy joes were very tasty! I did set out some cranberry sauce for those interested in adding & it was fine, too [I did it both ways, & like both about the same]! Thank you for posting the recipe!