Recipe by mydesigirl
These are tasty little turkey burgers. I use my Cuisenart Griddler to make these indoors.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons all purpose seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 small whole wheat rolls
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the onions.
- Cook until nicely caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the turkey with the seasonings.
- Separate the turkey mixture into 6 equal small portions and form into balls.
- Make an indentation in each ball and fill with some of the onion and a couple teaspoons of the bbq sauce.
- Heat your grill to medium/high.
- Close the pocket and form the meat around the filling to make a small patty and grill the patties until done.
- Slice the rolls in half and top with a little of the shredded mozzarella.
- Put under the broiler for a minute or so to lightly toast.
- Place a patty on top of each and place the top on the bun.