Recipe by SuzeQ
My grandma used to make this recipe into egg rolls for large family gatherings. I just recent made this recipe but accidentally purchased springroll wrappers instead of eggroll wrappers, so which ever you prefer. I love these tasty rolls, and they're great for reheating from frozen in oven or toaster. Keep in mind that while the recipe is easy, it is time consuming.
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use turkey or chicken, but ground pork is great too)
- 1 (100 g) can shrimp, cocktail type, drained of liquid
- 2 -3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 (130 g) can water chestnuts, sliced thin and chopped into small pieces
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced thin and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts or 1 1⁄2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -4 teaspoons soya sauce, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 packages spring rolls, wrappers (or egg roll wrappers)
- egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites and wrappers. This is the filling for the rolls.
- Follow directions for wrappers (this may take a few tries to get it right). The eggs whites will seal the edges of the wrapper.
- Once the rolls have been prepared, deep fry in medium heat until they are a nice golden brown. If preparing to be heated in oven for a later date, fry until light golden. Once cooled, these can be frozen or place in the fridge.
- Serve with plum sauce or sweet & sour sauce.