1/1 Photo of Turkey Shepherd's Pie
This is an easy, healthy version of a traditional English dish from the Colitis Cookbook. It's total comfort food! I like to add about a cup of frozen peas with the parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, ground turkey, diced onions and garlic.
- 2Saute the ingredients until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- 3Drain off excess juices from the turkey.
- 4Add the flour and incorporate thoroughly.
- 5Add the chicken stock and the rice or soy milk.
- 6Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 7Add the chopped parsley and stir well.
- 8Place the meat mixture in a greased 9x9-inch casserole dish.
- 9Using a spatula, evenly distribute the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture.
- 10Sprinkle the paprika over the mashed potato topping.
- 11Bake the Shepherd's Pie for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 265.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: