Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Turkey Shepard's Pie
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (more to preference)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- combine oil, onion and carrots; cook 7 minutes.
- then add turkey, thyme and salt; cook until turkey is browned
- sprinkle in flour and cook until absorbed.
- stir in tomato paste and broth, bring to boil; reduce and simmer until thickened.
- transfer to a 2 quart baking dish and top with favorite prepared mashed potatoes.
- Bake 15 minutes in oven.
This was the best comfort food!!! I made it with ground chicken breast, mixed vegetables and added 3 garlic cloves. I left out the tomato paste since I didn't have any. I will definetly make again.
This was a simple recipe and quite good. I added leeks to the vegetable mix and used extra tomato paste. The vegetables had some crunch, which I prefer. Also, I added a bit of shredded Monterey jack cheese to my potato mix for extra flavor.