Recipe by prettypatty2000
I got this recipe from the magazine Taste of Home. This recipe is very low fat.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Tweaked this a little ~ I used lemon pepper instead of the salt & pepper, & also some soft whole wheat breadcrumbs that I worked up! I think that grainy/nutty taste added to the overall nice-tasting scallopini! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, 6 slices
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound turkey to 1/4-in thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat egg and water. On a plate, combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge turkey in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear and coating is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley.