Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Turkey Sausage With Escarole and Northern Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 6 links hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large head escarole, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Heat a large pot over Medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and saute sausage, breaking up with spoon until cooked through.
- Remove sausage to bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and saute onion until translucent.
- Add prosciutto and saute another minute.
- Mix in garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Add escarole and saute until wilted.
- Mix wine with chicken broth and add to pot.
- Add beans and sausage and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add black pepper.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.