Recipe by Lynn Joanne
I had to make something for a luncheon at work. I needed to feed a crowd and I was sooo busy that week that I needed something easy. So here it is. I did this in two days only because I didn't have enough time in one day. It is easy and quite delicious. This got great raves! It's a good party dish. Measurements might be a tad off. I'm the type of cook that just throws in.
- 3 lbs sweet turkey sausage
- 1 1⁄4 lbs penne pasta
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small pieces, i didn't use stalks
- 3 medium onions, cut up
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter (can use margarine)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash sage
- olive oil, enough to cover bottom of large pan and maybe a tad more, definitely a tad more (I love olive oil)
- chili pepper flakes, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, enough to cover top and mix in casserole (Be generous)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up onions and fry in olive oil till carmelized.
- As I said I did this the day before and put them in refrigerator.
- Just because of a time issue.
- If you make it all in one day carmelize onions and then put aside.
- Cut through the casing on the sausage and cut sausage into small pieces.
- Throw away casing.
- While olive oil is hot throw sausage in pan.
- Cut up your broccoli and throw in the pan.
- Add wine and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- About 15 minutes.
- While doing this boil your penne with some salt.
- I use Kosher salt.
- Once the penne is boiled and drained put in large pan.
- Then add broccoli, sausage and all your spices.
- Mix in the carmelized onions.
- Then add grated parmasean cheese.
- Mix well and have some on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes 350 oven.
- Everything is really cooked.
- You just want to heat it up.