1/3 Photos of Turkey Sausage With Broccoli
Lynn Joanne's Note:
I had to make something for a luncheon at work. I needed to feed a crowd and I was sooo busy that week that I needed something easy. So here it is. I did this in two days only because I didn't have enough time in one day. It is easy and quite delicious. This got great raves! It's a good party dish. Measurements might be a tad off. I'm the type of cook that just throws in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sweet turkey sausage
- 1 1/4 lbs penne pasta
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small pieces, i didn't use stalks
- 3 medium onions, cut up
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter (can use margarine)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash sage
- olive oil, enough to cover bottom of large pan and maybe a tad more, definitely a tad more (I love olive oil)
- chili pepper flakes, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, enough to cover top and mix in casserole (Be generous)
- 1Cut up onions and fry in olive oil till carmelized.
- 2As I said I did this the day before and put them in refrigerator.
- 3Just because of a time issue.
- 4If you make it all in one day carmelize onions and then put aside.
- 5Cut through the casing on the sausage and cut sausage into small pieces.
- 6Throw away casing.
- 7While olive oil is hot throw sausage in pan.
- 8Cut up your broccoli and throw in the pan.
- 9Add wine and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 10About 15 minutes.
- 11While doing this boil your penne with some salt.
- 12I use Kosher salt.
- 13Once the penne is boiled and drained put in large pan.
- 14Then add broccoli, sausage and all your spices.
- 15Mix in the carmelized onions.
- 16Then add grated parmasean cheese.
- 17Mix well and have some on top.
- 18Bake for 15 minutes 350 oven.
- 19Everything is really cooked.
- 20You just want to heat it up.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage With Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet turkey sausage