Recipe by Mantarae
I got this REALLY good recipe from the March 2013 Family Circle. It's SO good that I just have to share it with all of you!! It's a nice change from having spaghetti on a cooler Fall evening when you can still enjoy eating out on your patio al fresco style.
- 4 sweet Italian turkey sausage links or 3⁄4 sweet Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed (I used fresh)
- 2 tablespoons jarred chopped garlic
- 2 cups sliced sweet peppers (red and yellow)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peppers and Italian seasoning; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce and simmer 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orecchiette pasta following package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Gradually stir spinach into skillet. In pasta pot, combine pasta and sausage sauce, adding some of the cooking water if needed to loosen sauce.
- To serve, spoon pasta into a large serving bowl. Top with shredded Asiago cheese.