Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
During a winter storm last night I was trying to come up with something warm and hearty. This turned out very good so I thought I would share. Enjoy!
- 3 sweet Italian sausage links, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- turkey stock, to cover
- 4 -5 small red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Saute the sausage and onions til brown and onions soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for an hour.
- Serve with a good crusty bread.
Excellent! Just made this with the turkey stock we made from our Thanksgiving turkey carcass and put leftover turkey in it too. Very tasty...I like the spices and vegetables used.