Recipe by Tonkcats
Easy Quiche made with Turkey Sausage.
Top Review by Angie3
This is two recipes, so it is rather hard to rate. I made the quiche recipe. I used 4 slices of bread and 3/4 C milk and 1 lb turkey sausage in an 8x8 pan. Also used 4 oz shredded cheddar. The crusts from the bread made about 2 cups. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on top. It was a good, quick, meal. Not the greatest for flavor. But I'll definately make it again. Maybe with black olives or green peppers added to the egg mixture and topped with tomato slices. My version made 6 servings. Or just enough for my family of 3 with no leftovers.
- 8 low-calorie bread, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces turkey sausage, crumbled (or use leftover turkey)
- 4 ounces cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- to taste sage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9 x 13-inch dish with Pam.
- Trim crust from bread.
- Place crusts in blender and blend until crumbled.
- Place bread over bottom of dish.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Layer over bread.
- Mix bread crumbs with remaining ingredients and pour over bread and sausage. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and firm.